August 31, 2008

Wolf Parade


Artist: Wolf Parade
Album: Apologies To The Queen Mary
Label: Sub Pop
Year: 2005



First off I apologize for the delay in posts. I was in transition to college and without internet for awhile. Anyway, I'm back and hope my thousands of avid readers will return . . . yeah.
I had heard quite a bit about wolf parade mainly because they recently had a new album in 2008. I may post about that album in the near future but Apologies caught my ear faster. Wolf Parade hail from Montreal also home to Arcade Fire and both groups have collaborated and Wolf Parade records some in Arcade Fire's church (yes Arcade Fire has a church). Wolf Parade has a very catch sound by using simple loud drumming and very twangy even electrical sounding guitar riffs and also has some electronic elements on some tracks. It makes for simply fun music. One downside to the simplicity is that its not a cd that you will hate at first and then grow to love. Its more what you hear is what you get. If your looking for a good cd to just rock out to and enjoy for what it is then this is for you.

Here is the video for the track I'll believe in Anything. Its a good sample of what to expect from Wolf Parade. Enjoy.

1 comment:

MVB said...

when's grey ox coming back???